With Ash Wednesday only two days away, Gus talks about one important component of Lenten penances...spiritual reading. Gus invites listeners to call in with their book recommendations. Below is the full list of listener recommendations.
Also, Gus talks with Maureen Ferguson, senior fellow at the Catholic Association, about the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which will be voted on tomorrow in the Senate. She also talks about a recent study conducted by a pro-choice doctor that verifies the child in the womb's central nervous system is developed enough at 13 weeks that makes it capable of feeling pain.
And it's Monday so that means Gus engages in a little Tell Me Something Good with listeners.
Listener Lenten Book Recommendations:
- Bishop Barron's Lenten Devotional
- The World's First Love by Fulton J. Sheen
- A Grateful American by Gary Sinise
- Confessions by St. Augustine
- Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales
- Seven Words of Jesus and Mary by Fulton J. Sheen
- My St. Pio Prayer Book
- Come Be My Light by Fr. Brian Kolodiejdchuk
- The Map of Life by Frank Sheed
- Rediscover Catholicism by Matthew Kelly
- The Priests We Need to Save the Church by Kevin Wells
- Secrets of the Rosary by St. Louis de Montfort
- Champions of the Rosary by Donald H. Calloway
- Magnificat Lenten Companion
- I Thirst by Mother Teresa of Calcutta
- Diary of St. Faustina
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom