Pope Benedict XVI has declared a Year of Faith, which begins on October 11, 2012. As part of the Year of Faith, the Holy Father has called on education and catechesis to be important components of the celebration. The Pope is encouraging all Catholics to learn their faith! To help facilitate this, we are starting a special project for A Minute in the Church.
First, a bit of background story. When he heard about the Year of Faith, Fr. Ryan Moravitz, the pastor of Immaculate Heart of Mary in Crosslake, MN, called to inquire about getting 1000 copies of A Minute in the Church. Fr. Moravitz plans to keep copies of the book in the pews. When asked why, Fr. Moravitz quipped, “If someone is going to be reading something during my homily, I would rather it be this than the bulletin!” He is excited about his parishioners growing in faith and knowledge.
Our goal is to distribute at least 100,000 copies of this handy educational booklet around the country. Imagine the resurgence in the Church if hundreds of thousands of Catholics become more knowledgeable about their faith. We are encouraging parishes, pastors or individuals to order copies of the book for the entire parish.
From August 12 – September 30, 2012, we will be accepting orders for bulk copies of A Minute in the Church. The book is available in both English and Spanish. We are pleased to announce that we have reached the point where we can offer the book for just $1 per copy, with a minimum order of 250 copies. (The book normally sells for $5 each.)
For this special promotion, we have set aside 500 copies of A Minute in the Church that we will give to pastors at no charge. (One free copy per pastor.) If you are interested in taking advantage of this unique opportunity to help the faithful at your parish learn more about why we believe what we believe, simply have your pastor email me at GusLloyd@verizon.net and request a copy of A Minute in the Church for review. We will send him one right away with no obligation. But hurry! The advance order period for free copies to priests and pastors ends September 23, 2012.
Here are some details about the program:
1) A free copy of A Minute in the Church will be sent to any pastor requesting one between August 12 – September 23, 2012. We will give one free copy to any priest or pastor that requests one.
2) Pastor, priest or individual may order bulk copies for the Year of Faith. Minimum order is 250 copies.
3) The price per copy is just $1. This price does not include final shipping charges.
4) After the complimentary copy has been sent, we will contact each parish/individual. At this point a commitment must be made to purchase books and payment will be made. Buyer must specify number of copies in English and Spanish. Payment must be received by Oct. 1, 2012.
5) The total number of books will be printed and shipped to your parish for the Year of Faith.
6) This offer is not available to retailers or resellers. This program is reserved for parishes or groups. Books may not be resold.